On the day
Only invited guests, who have pre-registered online, will be able to attend the in-person ceremony.
The livestream is open to all: Watch Scope Awards live. This link will go live nearer the time.
The awards are taking place at The Kia Oval, London SE11 5SS.
- Please arrive for 3pm.
- Guests will enjoy an afternoon tea from 3.45pm.
- The Awards ceremony will begin at 5pm and is due to finish at 7.15pm.
- A reception after the ceremony will offer guests a chance to meet the winners and nominees, ending at 8.30pm.
- All guests will enter through the Alec Stewart Gate.
- The event will be held across two rooms at The Kia Oval: the Ashes Suite and the England Suite.
- The Ashes Suite is located on the first floor and the England Suite is located on the second floor.
- Both main rooms and the whole venue is accessible by two large lifts.
- The maximum capacity of the rooms is approximately twice times the size of our guest list to ensure the event is comfortable and spacious for all.
- Guests will be seated at 6 feet or 183 centimetres round tables; the floor to surface height is 2.5 feet or 76 centimetres.
- There will be a range of seating throughout the venue including sofas, chairs, benches and stools.
- The surfaces throughout the venue vary from carpeted to tile. The Ashes Suite and England Suite are both carpeted
Accessible travel guide
For general travel advice to the venue: How to get to The Kia Oval
- The nearest tube station to the venue with step-free access is Vauxhall, which is a 0.4 mile walk to the venue. Vauxhall is served by the Victoria line.
- The nearest station to the venue without step-free access is Oval, which is a 0.2 mile walk to the venue. Oval is served by the Northern line.
The nearest train station to the venue is Vauxhall, which is a 0.4 mile walk to the venue. The station has step-free access. The station is well served by trains throughout Hampshire and Surrey as well as from the Greater London area.
The Kia Oval is on a number of local bus routes including:
The following bus routes also stop within a 0.5 mile walk of the venue:
You may also find the Transport for London Journey Planner helpful for real time travel information.
The ground is situated on the A202, near the junction with the A3 and A24, just south of Vauxhall Bridge and 10-minutes from Victoria and Waterloo.
There is ample free parking at the Kia Oval.
- You will need to register for parking in advance. Details on how to register will be provided before the event.
- The car park is laid with paving throughout and has step-free access to the venue entrance.
- Accessible toilets are located:
- On the ground floor, by the main JM Finn reception.
- On the first floor, to the right of the Ashes Suite.
- On the second floor, on either side of the England Suite.
- There is also a Changing Places toilet located on the second floor.
- All accessible toilets are right hand side transfer.
- Induction loop available throughout.
- British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter on stage throughout.
- Speakers will self-audio describe.
- All video content will be captioned and audio described.
- Dog water bowls will be provided for assistance dogs.
For any guests wishing to stay overnight, we suggest the Travelodge London Oval Cricket Ground. The hotel is 0.2 miles from the venue and offers accessible rooms.
If you are a nominee and wish to talk to us about help with accommodation costs, please email email@example.com.
- A quiet room will be available on the third floor, accessible by lift.
- A prayer room will be available on the third floor, accessible by lift.
- On the day, there will be a number of Scope volunteers (wearing purple t-shirts) available to assist and direct. Our volunteers will be situated throughout the venue and car park.
Supporting your health
For anyone attending in person, please follow the below Covid-19 safety information.
- If you have tested positive for Covid-19, please stay at home and attend by livestream.
- If you have even mild symptoms of a respiratory infection on the day of the event, please stay at home and attend by livestream.
- Consider wearing a face covering if you can. We will not be enforcing face coverings for accessibility reasons. Please respect that not everyone can wear a mask.
- Please use hand sanitising stations throughout the venue and wash your hands regularly.
Visit our FAQ page to learn more about covid safety and our in-person and virtual attendance options.